On this page you will find the adjusted services of the City of Amstelveen. This results from the measures taken by the government to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus.
Adjusted services due to the coronavirus
You can only visit the town hall with an appointment. You can make an appointment digitally to apply for a Dutch driving license. For other appointments you can contact the municipality by phone via: (020) 540 49 11.
Rules during an appointment in the town hall
Due to COVID-19 we ask you to adhere to the following rules to make your visit at the town hall as safe as possible:
- You can only visit the town hall if you have made an appointment. Please contact us by telephone via (020) 540 49 11 to schedule in an appointment;
- If possible, visit the town hall alone;
- When entering the town hall you need to disinfect your hands with the available disinfecting gel.
- You are allowed to enter the town hall five minutes before your appointment is due. If you need to take a picture, you are allowed to enter the City Hall ten minutes before your appointment is due. Have you arrived too early? We kindly ask you to wait outside;
- Have you arrived too late? It is not possible to help you any further. Please contact us by telephone to schedule a new appointment;
- In the public hall, arrows have been placed on the ground to indicate the required walking route. We kindly ask you to keep to this route;
- Keep 1.5 meter distance from other visitors in the City Hall.
Please contact the Amstelveen desk for questions about care, welfare, income support and youth assistance. We can be reached by telephone on (020) 540 49 11 or by e-mail: email@example.com. Would you please include your telephone number in your e-mail? This way, we can help you more quickly. The waiting time on the telephone is longer than usual. The City kindly asks for your understanding.
Keep your old clothes at home for now
Many locals take advantage of the spring season to tidy up their wardrobe. With the corona crisis, it seems that extra time has become available for these chores. The City calls on you not to bring clothes to the underground textile containers for the time being.
Limited possibility inspection of documents in the town hall
During the period when the restrictive measures are applicable, documents are limited available for inspection in the town hall. Decisions that are subject to a duty of inspection, such as draft zoning plans or draft permits, can be viewed online. Reference to the relevant website is included in the official publication of the specific decision. If you are unable to view documents online, you can contact the city by telephone on (020) 540 49 11 to make an appointment.
The city publishes announcements of official notifications of, among other things, permits, regulations and spatial plans on the website overheid.nl. On the page Overuwbuurt, you will receive information about decisions that affect your environment. This can be done via an app or by e-mail. You decide in the settings which messages you wish to receive.