Disabled parking permit
If you have a European disability parking card for drivers or passengers, you can apply for a disabled parking permit. It allows you to free parking anywhere in the City of Amstelveen.
The disabled parking permit is valid in most areas where paid parking is in force, exept in short paid parking areas in the city centre and the designated Blue Zones. With the permit you are allowed to park for free for an unlimited time. Also read the flyer with more information regarding the disabled parking permit.
- You possess a European disability parking card
- If you are not a resident of the City of Amstelveen, you are also entitled to apply for a disabled parking permit
- The disabled parking permit is valid 1 year. After 1 year the permit can be renewed.
- The disabled parking is connected to 1 license plate number. You can change the license plate number through the Digital Parking Desk.
- At parking, the original disability parking card must always be placed behind the wind-screen, showing the side with the expiry date in such a way that it’s clearly visible from the outside. A copy of your disability parking card is not valid. If a maximum parking time is in force, please use your parking disc to indicate your time of arrival.
You can apply for a disabled parking permit online or at the counter of the City Office. You pay for the permit at the application. You will also need the following documents:
- A valid identification
- A valid European disability parking card
After 1 year, you can have your disabled parking permit renewed automatically. For this you have to authorise pay by direct debit. You can arrange for this in 3 ways:
- Through the Digital Parking Desk (DigiD). Log in and then click on your name at the top right corner of the screen and fill in the requested information.
- Ask for an authorisation form by sending an email to: email@example.com. It will be sent to you by mail.
- Fill out an authorisation form at the Parking Desk at the City Office.
For a disabled parking permit you pay EUR. 25,-. In the event of death or when you move to another address, you will receive no refund.
An online application may take up 2 working days. An application at the Parking Desk will be completed while you’re waiting.