Parking permit for shared cars
The City of Amstelveen is launching a pilot of parking permits for residents that share a car. The City considers carsharing as a sustainable measure, and therefore makes it possible to apply for a permit for shared cars.
To benefit from a parking permit for shared cars, the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
- A demonstrable connection between the participants (for instance, family members) by, for instance, a signed declaration by all parties.
- A Carsharing Declaration (see download below) and/or a declaration that states a car is being shared.
- The car is registered to the name of one of the participants who share the car.
- At least one of the participants lives in the paid parking area of the City of Amstelveen (BRP Registration).
- If one of the participants resides in a town, municipality or city where paid parking is in force, this participant has to present a valid parking permit in order to prevent the possibility of cheap parking in the City of Amstelveen.
Go to the page resident’s parking permit for instructions on how to apply for the parking permit for shared cars.
For a parking permit for shared cars you pay EUR. 40,-. In the event of death or termination of the permit, or when you move outside the paid parking area of the City of Amstelveen, you will receive no refund.
An online application may take up 2 working days. An application at the Parking Desk will be completed while you’re waiting. But please take a longer waiting time into account.