Resident's parking permit
A resident’s permit is a digital parking permit that allows residents to park in areas where paid parking applies.
- You can apply for a resident’s parking permit if you are registered at an address within a paid parking area. Check out the parking areas in Amstelveen.
- A resident’s parking permit is valid for one year.
- A resident’s parking permit is linked to one number plate.
- The resident’s parking permit applies to a vehicle that is registered to your own name, or to a lease car in your name.
- The permit is not valid in the short term paid parking areas in the city centre or in the blue zones.
- You can apply for up to two resident’s parking permits per address.
You can apply for a resident’s parking permit online at the E-Loket.
To apply you will need:
- your DigiD (for online applications);
- a valid ID (for applications at the counter)
- your vehicle registration certificate ('kentekenbewijs');
- if you have a lease or company vehicle: an ‘Authorised driver declaration’ or contract from either the registered keeper or your employer stating that you are authorised to use the vehicle;
- if you are not yet registered in Amstelveen: a tenancy agreement or house purchase documents for your new address.
Are you unable to apply online? Then you can apply for the resident’s parking permit at the City Hall by making an appointment.
Changing the license plate number
The permit is linked to one number plate only. You can change the license plate number at the E-loket. A resident's parking permit can only be linked to a vehicle in your own name or to a lease vehicle in your name.
Renewing your permit
You can renew your resident’s parking permit after the first year at the E-Loket.
For your first and second resident’s parking permits, it is possible to set up a direct debit payment. By setting up a direct debit, permits are automatically renewed.
There are two ways to set up a direct debit:
- Download the direct debit mandate at the E-Loket. You can upload the authorized mandate there as well.
- Fill in a direct debit mandate form at the counter.
Change of home address or ending the permit
- If you move to an address within Amstelveen in a different parking area, the permit moves with you to your new address. The permit will be transferred to your new address. You will receive a message about this from the municipality.
- If you are about to register with the municipality, you can apply for a moving permit by submitting your tenancy agreement or house purchase documents for your new address.
- The permit will be withdrawn if you move to an address in Amstelveen that does not have paid parking or to another municipality.
Register a temporary license plate number with mijn2Park
Using the website of mijn2Park you can easily activate a temporary license for your resident’s parking permit. You can use this option when you have a lease or replacement vehicle for instance. You don’t need assistance from the municipality for this. Your license plate number will be activated immediately.
To activate the plate number take these steps:
- Go to the website of mijn2Park and login using your email address and password.
- Go to ‘All products’.
- Select ‘Resident’s permit’.
- Click ‘+ new parking action’.
- Fill in the starting time and ending time.
- Fill in the starting date and ending date.
- Click ‘confirm’ to activate your temporary number plate.
When you are logged in to mijn2Park you will see your remaining parking actions in the top right corner of your screen.
Create an account with mijn2Park
When using mijn2park for the first time, you will need to create a free user account on the website of mijn2park. Take the following steps:
- Log in to the E-Loket with your DigiD.
- Confirm your email address.
- You will receive an email with a verification number. Fill in the number on the E-Loket page and confirm.
- Go to ‘current products’, click ‘bezoekersvergunning’ and then click ‘Send 2Park link e-mail’.
- Open the email you receive in your mailbox and click the link in the mail.
- Fill in your personal password twice, confirm and your account is activated.
- Log in at the mijn2Park website using your email address and personal password.
The fees for a resident’s parking permit are:
- first resident’s parking permit: € 40,- annually (2023);
- second resident’s parking permit: € 80,- annually (2023).
You pay for the resident’s parking permit at the time of application.
You will not be eligible for a refund in the case of death, when you cancel the permit, or when you move to an area outside of the paid parking zones.
If you apply online for a vehicle in your name, the resident’s parking permit is activated immediately.
If the vehicle is registered in the name of a lease company or business, an online application takes a maximum of two working days.
An application made at the counter will be processed while you wait.