Registering vacation rentals
If you want to open a Bed & Breakfast (B&B) in your home or rent out your entire home to tourists, you must register your business. To do this, you must apply for a registration number and report each overnight stay to the national registration system in advance.
What you need to know
- You may only rent out your property or part of it if you are regis-tered at the address and actually live there.
- If you are not the owner of the property, check the rental contract to see if it allows you to rent it out for tourism purposes. If this is not clear, contact the landlord and check with him.
- You will not be allowed to get a permit if you rent social housing.
- You must apply for both a permit and a registration number.
- When you apply, you must specify whether it is a B&B or a vacation rental. With a B&B you may only rent out part of your home to tourists while staying in your home at the same time. With a vacation rental, you are not supposed to be at your home.
- You must mention your registration number in all your rental ads.
- The permit is valid only for the calendar year of issue and the first three months of the following year (until March 31).
- You must also pay tourist tax for each overnight stay.
- You can be fined if you do not comply with the vacation rental rules.
Apply for a permit and registration number
To operate a vacation rental or B&B, you must apply for a permit on the Visitordata website. You can only apply for a permit if you have a registration number. You can also request this number from Visitordata.
Go to the Visitordata website.
Reporting a B&B and vacation rentals business is mandatory. You must do this in advance for each overnight stay in your account on Visitordata. The munici-pality of Amstelveen enforces this and actively approaches landlords who have not (yet) reported themselves. If you have any questions about the obligation to report, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application fee for a tourist vacation rental permit is €131.40 (2023).
Applying for a vacation rental registration number is free of charge.