Proof of sponsorship
When you get visitors from abroad, you may have to apply for proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service. Your visitors will need this proof of sponsorship when applying for a visa. You can apply online.
The proof of sponsorship means that you and your guest are responsible for all costs. This will ensure that your guest will not experience any problems if he or she cannot (or no longer) pay for costs related to his or her stay, for example, because your guest no longer has access to money. Will your foreign visitors be staying in your home? Then you will need proof of private accommodation.
The conditions for applying for proof of sponsorship and private accommodation include the following:
- You are registered in the Netherlands.
- Your visitors will be staying in the Netherlands for a short period of time (no longer than three months).
- Your visitors need to apply for a visa. You will find more information on the website Netherlands Worldwide.
- Start the application under 'Apply/Applications'.
- Log in with your DigiD.
- Fill in your personal data.
- If you have a partner and are planning to sponsor a visitor, your partner must also give their permission via DigiD. Your partner will receive an e-mail with a link to give permission
- You have to pay online when applying for the proof of sponsorship.
- The proof of sponsorship will be sent to your home within 7 business days.
Applying in person at the town hall
If applying online is not possible, you can apply for the proof of sponsorship at the town hall:
- Make an appointment online to schedule your visit to the town hall.
- Come to the town hall in person.
- If you have a partner and you are planning to be a sponsor, come to the town hall with your partner.
- Bring your valid ID along with you.
- Bring your previously completed proof of sponsorship along from the IND. Please note that you should sign the form at the counter.
- You have to pay for the proof of sponsorship upon applying. Please pay using your pin code.
- You will receive it immediately.
The 2023 fee for authentication of the proof of sponsorship is:
- € 12,60 when you apply online
- € 25,20 when you apply at the town hall
After you apply for the online application, the proof of sponsorship will be sent to your home within 7 business days.
If you apply at the town hall's counter, signing the proof of sponsorship is done while you wait. Make an appointment online before coming to the town hall.
Opening hours Documents Desk
Important notice: you can only visit the town hall with an appointment.
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday||08.30 - 15.30 o'clock|
|Thursday||08.30 - 16.30 and 17.00 - 19.30 o'clock|
|Friday||08.30 - 12.30 o'clock|