Proof of Sponsorship
When you get visitors from abroad, you may have to apply for proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service. Your visitors will need this when applying for a visa.
The proof of sponsorship means that you and your guest are responsible for all costs. This will ensure that your guest will not experience any problems if he or she cannot (or no longer) pay for costs related to his or her stay, for example, because your guest no longer has access to money. Will your foreign visitors be staying in your home? Then you will need proof of private accommodation.
The conditions for applying for proof of sponsorship and private accommodation include the following:
- Your visitors will be staying in the Netherlands for a short period of time (no longer than three months).
- Your visitors need to apply for a visa.
What you need to do
You apply for proof of sponsorship and private accommodation from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service. You do this by completing the Immigration and Naturalisation Service's application form. Take this form to your municipality to sign it (to certify it). If you have a partner or spouse, you must both sign the proof of sponsorship.
This is how you apply for proof of sponsorship and private accommodation:
- Come to the townhall in person.
- Bring the following:
- Valid proof of identification
- A completed application form(Dutch) from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service that you sign at the municipality (and therefore is certified).
- You pay for the proof of sponsorship when you submit the application.
If you have a partner or spouse, you must both sign the proof of sponsorship.
The fee for authentication of the proof of sponsorship is €9.90.
The signing of the proof of sponsorship will be certified while you wait.
Opening hours Documents department
|Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday||08.30 - 15.30 o'clock|
|Thursday||08.30 - 16.30 o'clock|
|Thursday by appointment only||16.30 - 19.30 o'clock|
|Friday||08.30 - 12.30 o'clock|