Change of home address
If you are moving, you must inform the municipality of your new address. You must also do this if you are staying in the same municipality.
Will you be living together with someone? If you move into someone else's home, you must have written consent. Take this consent with you when you inform the municipality that you are moving.
A move can be reported by:
- You, personally, if you are 16 years or older
- A parent or guardian for minors
- Cohabiting spouses/registered partners for each other (only if they are moving together to the new address)
- Cohabiting parents and children of full age for each other (only if they are moving together to the new address)
- The guardian for a person who has been placed under guardianship
- A person of full age who is authorised for this purpose in writing
What you need to do
You inform the municipality where you will be residing about your move. You can report a move four weeks beforehand at the earliest. Just make sure to do this no later than five days after your move. The municipality may fine you if you tell them later.
Attention: this button will direct you to a Dutch page. Press the red button 'Regelen met DigiD' on that page for the login page of DigiD. On the login page you can choose for English again.
You need the following to inform the municipality about your move in person or in writing:
- A completed form Declaration Change of Address
- A valid ID/passport (copy)
- A copy of the rental agreement/proof of ownership (contract) of your new address or a
- Written and signed permission from the current occupant
Are you moving as the only parent with your underage child(ren)? In that case, you also need to bring:
- Written permission with the signature of all the authorities and a copy of their identity documents
There is no cost to inform the municipality about a move.
Opening hours Migration department
Change of address, postal address, moving abroad
|Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday||08.30 - 15.30 o'clock|
|Thursday||08.30 - 16.30 o'clock|
|Thursday by appointment only||17.00 - 19.30 o'clock|
|Friday||08.30 - 12.30 o'clock|