Change of home address
Are you moving within Amstelveen or to Amstelveen? You are required to register your new address with the municipality.
You can register the new address with the municipality when:
- You are 16 years or older
- You are a parent, guardian or care provider of children under the age of 16
- You are a cohabiting spouse or registered partner and you are moving to the new address together
- You are a cohabiting parent and you are moving to the new address together
- You are an adult child and you are moving to the new address together
- You are an adult who has been authorized in writing by the primary resident
- You are a legal guardian for the person who has been put under guardianship
How to register your new address
You can use an online form to register your new address with the municipality. You will find the link to the form under ‘Register’ below. You can use the form with or without DigiD.
With the registration of your new address you must also upload the following:
- A copy of your tenancy agreement or purchase contract
When you are moving in with someone else, you will also need to upload:
- Written consent by the primary resident
- A copy of the ID of the primary resident
Are you a sole parent who is moving with children who are under age? Then you will also need to upload:
- Written consent with signature by all legal guardians
- A copy of the ID(s) of all legal guardians
Registration of a new address is free of charge.
You have to register your new address between four weeks prior to and five days after moving in. If you exceed this term you may be fined by the municipality.
Note: the above button will redirect you to the login page of DigiD. After clicking ‘Inloggen met DigiD’, you will be able to select the English language before you proceed.
Migration and moving desk
You need to make an appointment in order to visit the town hall.
To make an appointment you can contact the municipality by phone.
Please read the adjusted services page for more information.
During the holidays there will be adjusted opening hours. See the aangepaste openingstijden (NL) page for more information.