Are you moving abroad? Then you need to deregister with the municipality of Amstelveen. You can do so by reporting your move abroad. You need to report your move abroad if you are going to be living outside the Netherlands for more than eight months within a period of one year.
You will automatically be deregistered from the Personal Records Database (BRP) on the day of your departure from the Netherlands.
Report your move abroad to the municipality in the following situations:
- You are going to be living outside the Netherlands for more than eight months during one year. These 8 months do not need to form a consecutive period.
- You are going to be living outside the Netherlands but plan to retain your residence in the Netherlands.
Will you be staying abroad for less than eight months? You can report your temporary move, but you are not required to do so.
Who can report the move abroad
Are all of the members of your family moving from the address in Amstelveen to the same address abroad? Then you can report the move abroad online for the following persons:
- yourself, if you are 16 years or older
- your spouse
- your registered partner
- your (underage) children)
The move abroad cannot be reported by:
- a partner who lives together with you without a formally arranged registered partnership or marriage. In this case you will each have to report the move individually.
- an authorized person. You cannot authorize someone to report the move abroad for you.
When not all residents are moving
When not all residents of the same address in Amstelveen are moving to the address abroad, the following applies:
- All persons moving abroad must report the move in person at the city counter.
- Persons who are registered to a different address in Amstelveen, or who are moving to a different address abroad, must report their move separately.
How to deregister
You can report your move abroad by using the link under ‘Deregister online’ below.
You will need:
- your DigiD or your Burgerservicenummer (BSN)
- the BSN of your partner and/or children if you are reporting the move on their behalf
Are you moving as a sole parent with underage children? Then you will also need:
- written consent with signature by all legal guardians
- a copy of the ID(s) of all legal guardians
Are you unable to deregister online? You can also report the move by phone.
Proof of deregistration
Do you need proof of deregistration? Please contact an RNI (Registration Non-Inhabitants) municipality for an extract. The municipality of Amsterdam is an RNI municipality where you can apply for an RNI extract.
You can report your move abroad with the municipality within four weeks until five days prior to moving.
Note: the above button will redirect you to the register page. Here you can choose if you want to register your new address with or without using DigiD. After clicking ‘Inloggen met DigiD’, you will be able to select the English language before you proceed.
Reporting your move abroad is free of charge.
U kunt alleen op afspraak langskomen op het raadhuis. Voor een afspraak kunt u telefonisch contact opnemen. Zie ook de pagina aangepaste dienstverlening. * met uitzondering van eerste inschrijving en hervestiging Laan Nieuwer-Amstel 1, 1182 JR Amstelveen van ma t/m do Uiterlijk tot 15.30 uur vrijdagUiterlijk tot 12.30 uur* Telefonische bereikbaarheid
Balie Verhuizen en Migratie
Uitsluitend op afspraak:
(020) 540 49 11
U kunt alleen op afspraak langskomen op het raadhuis.
Voor een afspraak kunt u telefonisch contact opnemen.
Zie ook de pagina aangepaste dienstverlening.
* met uitzondering van eerste inschrijving en hervestiging
Laan Nieuwer-Amstel 1,
1182 JR Amstelveen
van ma t/m do Uiterlijk tot 15.30 uur
vrijdagUiterlijk tot 12.30 uur*