Central Information Office for newcomers
This Office is here to help you find a primary school in the area that you live in and is a good fit for your child.
Who can we help
- Are you a newcomer: expat, knowledge or labour migrant, or status holder?
- Did you move to our area: Amstelveen or Ouderkerk aan de Amstel?
- Do you want to register your child/children at one of our primary schools?
What do we do
- We help you register your child at a primary school in Amstelveen or Ouderkerk a/d Amstel.
- We give advice about the schools that are the best fit for your child.
- We know which schools have places available, so you do not have to call schools yourself.
- We can help you fill out the registration documents.
- We prevent double registrations and extra paperwork to assist schools and school boards.
Your child and your situation
We will have a look at your child and your situation.
- What is your child’s age and level?
- Will your child live here for a longer time and integrate into the Dutch system?
- Will your child need to learn Dutch in a special language class?
- Do you want your child to go to an international primary school (IGBO) and is this possible?
- Do you and your child have any other preferences for your school choice?
Please note: we do not specialise in helping children with special needs.
Our coordinator gives you information and advice to help you make your choice. As an international newcomer you have free choice of a school, just like all parents in the Netherlands.
Also, every school has the right, within certain limits, to have a policy for their enrolment. We help you and the schools to find the right match.
Can we help you too?
Our opening hours
We are open during school weeks, closed during school holidays.
- Tuesday afternoon: 13.00 - 16.00 (1pm – 4pm)
- Thursday morning: 09.00 - 12.00 (9am – noon)