Central Information Office for newcomers
The Centraal Information Loket (CIL) is an information office, here to help (new) parents in Amstelveen, to find a primary school in the area that you live in and which is a good fit for your child.
Who can we help
- Are you a newcomer: expat, knowledge or labour migrant, or status holder?
- Did you move to our area: Amstelveen?
- Do you want to register your child/children at one of our primary schools or preschools?
What do we do
- We provide information about the Dutch education system in general and more specific about the schools in Amstelveen.
- We inform you about the procedure to register your child at a (pre)school in Amstelveen.
- We advise parents which schools might be the best fit for their child(ren).
- We know which schools have places available, so you do not have to call or e-mail the schools yourself.
- We prevent double registrations and extra paperwork to assist schools and school boards.
- We manage possible waiting lists for the Language Schools.
Your child and your situation
We will have a look at your child and your situation.
- What is your child’s age and educational background?
- Is your intention to live in the Netherlands for longer time and do you want your child to integrate into the Dutch system?
- Will your child need to learn Dutch in a special language class?
- Do you want your child to go to an international primary school (IGBO) and is this possible?
- Do you and your child have any other preferences for your school choice?
Please note: we do not specialise in helping children with special needs.
Our coordinator gives you information and advice to help you make your choice. As an international newcomer you have free choice of a school, just like all parents in the Netherlands.
Also, every school has the right, within certain limits, to have a policy for their enrolment. We help you and the schools to find the right match.
Can we help you too?
Our opening hours
- Available by phone on Monday and Thursday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Do you wish to visit the CIL in person? Please make an appointment by e-mail at email@example.com. Visiting is possible on Monday and Thursday between 1 PM and 4 PM.
- During school holidays the CIL is closed.