Central Information Office for newcomers
This Office is here to help you find a primary school in the area that you live in and is a good fit for your child.
Who can we help
- Are you a newcomer: expat, knowledge or labour migrant, or status holder?
- Did you move to our area: Amstelveen or Ouderkerk aan de Amstel?
- Do you want to register your child/children at one of our primary schools?
What do we do
- We help you register your child at a primary school in Amstelveen or Ouderkerk a/d Amstel.
- We give advice about the schools that are the best fit for your child.
- We know which schools have places available, so you do not have to call schools yourself.
- We can help you fill out the registration documents.
- We prevent double registrations and extra paperwork to assist schools and school boards.
Your child and your situation
We will have a look at your child and your situation.
- What is your child’s age and level?
- Will your child live here for a longer time and integrate into the Dutch system?
- Will your child need to learn Dutch in a special language class?
- Do you want your child to go to an international primary school (IGBO) and is this possible?
- Do you and your child have any other preferences for your school choice?
Please note: we do not specialise in helping children with special needs.
Our coordinator gives you information and advice to help you make your choice. As an international newcomer you have free choice of a school, just like all parents in the Netherlands.
Also, every school has the right, within certain limits, to have a policy for their enrolment. We help you and the schools to find the right match.
Can we help you too?
Telephone +31 (0)6 – 822 880 72
Address Asserring 93
1187 SM Amstelveen
Our opening hours
We are open during school weeks, closed during school holidays.
- Tuesday afternoon: 13.00 - 16.00 (1pm – 4pm)
- Thursday morning: 09.00 - 12.00 (9am – noon)